Sunday, July 29, 2007

I'm Gonna Soak Up the Sun

My last day of vacation before flying back to Houston and preparing for what some would call "the real world." Turns out, I'll be taking part of California back with me in the form of a nice sunburn, curtesy of the LA solar rays which can apparently penetrate multiple layers of sunscreen. But ya know what? It was worth it. My older brother flew in on Friday, so the three of us drove down to the beach to try to catch some waves. Unfortunately today was a rather bad day to try to learn how to surf so instead we had fun with some "Surf's Up" body boards that my cousin brought back from work. We spent all afternoon paddling furiously into the waves and then trying to catch the break at the just the right moment to ensure that when you finally stopped moving it would be because you'd been beached. Tons of fun, and the water was the perfect temperature. I had not gotten into the water at all yet, both for fear that it would be freezing, and because I had always walked down to the beach alone and was afraid to leave my phone and keys unattended. The afternoon was pretty much exactly what I would think of when I think of California vacation. Sun, beach, beautiful weather. And of course, having Joseph here was an added bonus. Silly as it may sound, I was so excited all week after I found out he would be flying in for the weekend. I love my family. They're pretty awesome. :)

1 comment:

Monnie said...

Ah, sounds like SO much fun!!!