Sunday, July 22, 2007

Disneyland

My cousin took me to Disneyland today. Yes, I may be legally be an adult, but I am still a child at heart and it is perfectly acceptable for this to have been my first visit to that magical land. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be, but what impressed me most was the attention to detail and the creativity of whoever designed that place. I would love to have that job! Every single ride was so full of characters and props...it was quite amazing. And then of course the dancers in the parade. I love dancing so it is very hard to sit still while others are twirling to music. Sitting on the sideline at the end of the day watching the parade, there were several thoughts running through my head. The first was "wow." The second was "I want to do that." And the third was "One of these days I am going to make a costume and go visit kids in the hospital and people in nursing homes." When Gina made her Civil War ballgown I realized just how much both little kids and older adults love the whole "princess magic." Even I was enchanted by it today. Ya know, I really am incredibly blessed. It's a thought that just keeps going through my head. I look at how much I have, all the opportunities I've been given, all the places I've been.

No comments: