Monday, February 19, 2007

Why?

It's 12:30am on a Tuesday morning, and I'm sitting in my room icing my shins and trying to focus on a problem set. As you can tell it's not working. It's moments like this that I wonder why I do this to my body. I love playing ultimate, but sometimes it seems a bit crazy. This weekend was tough. We had another tournament in Baton Rouge- Mardi Gras. At first it looked like it would be an awesome opportunity for Miss Red to play together, but as the time drew nearer half of the players dropped and we were left scrambling for numbers and cars. Saturday was a rough day- cold and windy. Although everyone, and especially the rookies, played well I had to sit out most of the day because I'd finally been beaten by the cold that I'd been fighting off all week. Add to that a random leg injury during the second game and I was sidelined for the rest of the day. A good night's rest made Sunday a much better game for me, but we lost two more players to injuries and were once again savage. Fortunately, we still have a winning record for the season...something that makes me very happy.

We had an IM game today which was a ton of fun, but is also the reason I am sitting on the floor with a bag of ice. Don't get me wrong, I love playing with Miss Red, but coed will always have a special place in my heart. I've started thinking about what I'll do after college, and I'm leaning more towards playing with the coed team than trying to make the Texas women's team. We'll see what happens...

2 comments:

Pascal Mickelson said...

Don't you wish our Potlatch team could be our "regular" team...? :)

Maiella said...

Absolutely! I can't wait to play with them again this summer. :)