Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Relationships

Now that Valentine's Day is officially over I feel like I can validly comment on relationships. First of all, I have to say that I am not a huge fan of the exaggerated commercialization of the day. While I will admit that this might be a slight amount of bitterness on my part, I think the world would be a much better place if people were a tad bit nicer on normal days and down played Valentine's Day by just a bit.

And now about relationships. For several years I was involved with a guy who I thought I loved, and the thought of being single seemed like such a horrible idea. At some point I realized that being together was actually the horrible idea, and suddenly being single was a wonderful idea. I'll be honest- I've had a lot of fun and enjoyed my senior year of college much more that I thought I would. However, at the same point I've come to several unexpected realizations. Guys who used to be just friends are suddenly wanting to be more and it's really wierding me out. I never realized how much of a difference being "off-limits" made. And ya know what...I won't lie...its done worlds for my self-confidence. At the same time I know that it'll put a small kink in some of my friendships because I have absolutely no interest in dating some of them and I can't go back to the "ignorance is bliss" state of yesterday.

No comments: